REI: Introduction to Snowshoeing
Discover the joy of winter and the freedom of snowshoeing! On this field outing, you'll learn snowshoeing techniques, ascending and descending hills, snow hazard awareness, and winter preparedness. Don't have snowshoes? We provide snowshoes, snowshoe poles and professional instruction on proper use of equipment, to make every trip a success.
In the course:
- Learn appropriate technique to ascend
- Descend and break trail in snow
- Learn local areas to take your family outside in the winter
- Learn how to use and care for snowshoeing equipment
- Learn basic skills for winter travel and hiking
- Advance registration is required.
Class is 6.0 hours
- Minimum age for participants is 12.
Things To Do & Events This Week!
Apps for Kids
If you like us, then 'Like' us!